dear wild wild west

Oh my little blog. I have neglected you. You have been such a sweet memory keeper for me and my family. We have spent the last few weeks looking over past blog posts and laughing and smiling and oohing and awing over pictures of the boys when they were much younger and Josie when she was a fresh little baby.

Thanks to Instagram I took tons of pictures and captioned them each day. But we had to break up. Facebook, I just can’t go back to you. So I continue  to snap pictures on my phone because it’s right at my finger tips. For that I am grateful. Here and there I pick up my “real” camera and remember how much joy it brings me and how much it reminds me to keep learning about photography Keep sharpening my skills. Keep practicing. Keep loving what the lens captures and brings to life. The story each picture creates and tells.

To be honest it’s been a good break. A good time for me to be in the moment with my children. I was so focused on capturing that moment so I could hold on to it forever, that I was missing some of the actual experience. It has been refreshing. It has reminded me to create moments and memories for my kids to keep.

With all that being said, I am going to try really hard to post more. Maybe my goal should just be once a week. I can do once a week. Right?!

Comments

Popular Posts