soul-feeding

seaside

This morning as we were getting ready to leave for church Josie started complaining of not feeling good. So after going back and forth, I stayed home with her and Andy took the boys. However, she has not complained once since they left and has been content watching Angelina Ballerina. Well great. I poured me some coffee, daydreamed of being at the beach {sigh}, and opened up my devotional book Streams in the Desert. If you don’t have this book, please get it. I ordered mine from Amazon. I think there is also an app. It has fed so much joy to my soul. I feel like someone is writing out the words of my heart on paper for me. And if you get it, grab a pen, a pencil, a highlighter because you will use it. Trust me.

I do not believe we have even begun to understand the wonderful power there is in being still. We are in such a hurry, always doing, that we are in danger of not allowing God the opportunity to work.

We hear so much today about being active, but maybe we need to learn what it means to be still. –from Crumbs

How many travelers today, still passing through their Red Seas and Jordan Rivers of earthly affliction, will be able to look back from eternity, filled with memories of God’s great goodness, and say, “We passed through the waters on foot. And yet, even in these dark experiences, with waves surging all around, we stopped and said, Let us rejoice in him!"
–J.R. Macduff

If we would only move straight ahead in faith, the path would be opened for us. But we stand still, waiting for the obstacle to be removed, when we ought to go forward as if there were no obstacles at all. – from Evening Thoughts

O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your souls. –Charles H. Spurgeon

Earnestly desire to get alone with God. If we neglect to do so, we not only rob overselves of a blessing but rob others as well, since we will have no blessing to pass on to them….Another wonderful result will be that people will see “no one except Jesus” {Matthew 17:8} in our lives.

The Holy Spirit desires that our self be completely submerged-not merely ankle-deep, knee-deep, waist-deep, but self-deep. He wants us hidden and bathed under this life-giving stream. Let loose the lines holding you to the shore and sail into the deep. –J. Gresham Machen

These are all different places I have read over the last month. Life giving people. Soul giving. To God be all the glory.

Comments

Popular Posts