aunt marg and cousin elizabeth came to visit

DSC_0250

Andy took kids to Fall Camp this weekend. I’m always bummed when he is gone but thankful that he is able to tell high school friends about Jesus. However this weekend my sister and niece were coming in town to meet Josie for the first time and I was so excited to see them. They were going to come Saturday and spend one night but they surprised me and came Friday night! The boys were thrilled to wake up to Aunt Marg and Elizabeth in our home!

We went to Wyatt’s soccer game that morning and then came back to my house and did nothing. It was wonderful. We chilled all day. Made the best pimento cheese. Took the kids for a walk in the neighborhood. Got take-out for dinner. And then I introduced my sister to Pinterest in which we looked through for HOURS after the kids went to bed.

Then they left this morning after some coffee and blueberry muffins together. I then cried and have been in a blah mood all day. I hardly ever get to see my sister and when I do I just love our time together and dream of a day {that will probably never happen} when we will live in the same town. She is not only my sister but my dear friend; even though we are 16 years apart {can you believe she has a 22 year old and a 19 year old…doesn’t she look awesome!?}. I love her family and adore my niece and nephew. I would say they are great kids but I guess they are more adults now. Wow, feeling old. But they are…great great kids. And I really miss my sister when she leaves.

So I have spent the day blogging on and off, it’s always great “therapy” for me. That is why there are a ton of posts. I’m playing catch up today in between feeding a baby, going for a walk with the kids, eating a popsicle with them, waiting on my hubby to get home, trying my best to entertain my kids and not lose my sanity. 

Comments

Popular Posts