baby Jesus and a super yummy soup!

DSC_0686(2)

DSC_0705

Thanks to my very good friend Emily for telling me about the Play Mobil Nativity Scene!!!! I’m pretty sure I bought the last one. It was meant to be. This is Baby Jesus. He is teeny tiny as you can see in the first picture. On Saturday our church had a Baby Jesus birthday party. It was so sweet. Lots of fun things for the little ones to do and then a BIG giant cupcake for each child. So Wyatt brought Baby Jesus with him and I was so concerned he would lose him, but he didn’t. Isn’t he so cute?

So on this very cooooold day I thought I would share this yummy recipe I am cooking on the stove, as we speak. It is from my friend Andrea who makes a killer broccoli cheese casserole as well. Enjoy.

Cheesy Chicken and Corn Soup

3- 10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup

1- 14.5 oz.  can undiluted chicken broth

1- 16 oz. pkg. frozen whole kernel corn

2- cups cooked, chopped chicken breast

1- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies

1- 8.5 oz can cream style corn

1- 8 oz. loaf Velveeta {cubed}

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. pepper

Stir soup and broth in dutch oven {or a large pot} until blended. Add corn and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until smooth. Stir often.

Serve with rolls, cornbread or tortilla chips.

Comments

notes of em said…
yay for the little baby Jesus!

Popular Posts