state park

After a busy week for us it was awesome to have our Monday together. Andy and I cherish this day. On Friday I’m already thinking about our Monday. So today we took a trip to a State Park that is about a 40 minute drive from our house. We went there before we had children and I don’t know why we haven’t been back until today. It’s beautiful. Not too crowded…especially on a weekday. The lake is there, a picnic area, hiking trails, and best of all {for the boys} a historic fort!

DSC_0389

This was the bumper sticker off someone’s car. Don’t we all need to do this: wag more, bark less. Ha!

 DSC_0279

The usual picture of my boys being so excited to have their picture made…as in look at the camera and smile.

DSC_0282

Ah, the three amigos.

 DSC_0284 DSC_0290 DSC_0293(2) This little guy is all about his daddy.

 DSC_0297(2) DSC_0308 DSC_0313 DSC_0315 DSC_0318 DSC_0322 DSC_0323

Andy showed Wyatt how to eat a honey suckle. Don’t you remember doing this as a kid? They smell sooooo delicious and the little tiny taste of sweetness just makes you want more.DSC_0332 DSC_0334  DSC_0347

Wyatt getting ready to eat his honey suckle. Love the binoculars…you never know when you might need them.

DSC_0335 DSC_0354 DSC_0356

DSC_0358 Wyatt literally picked this flower for me. I mean he got the root and all. He’s so proud.DSC_0362(2) Two peas in a pod.DSC_0365(2)

Boone was saying, “cheeeeeese”. He was pretending to take pictures with the binoculars.

DSC_0373

I know I am not the first person who thought of this but when we go for a picnic or to the Zoo, etc. I wrap our sandwiches in wax paper and then when you unfold them it makes a little placemat.

DSC_0381

The squirrels were insane. I am sure they have been fed so much human food that they are not at all anxious about coming right up to you. They kept coming up to us and then I got a little freaked out they would bite. And have rabies or something.

DSC_0388(2)

Family picture. And a cute smile from the little boys.

Comments

Popular Posts