december in review

DSC_0486 (2)

We cut down our Christmas Tree. Best thing ever.

 DSC_0152 (3)

Boone turned 18 months! What! Where has the time gone?

 DSC_0134 (2)

DSC_0146

Made lots of sugar cookies and decorated them. Here are our friends Sadie Parker and Ruby!

DSC_0156 (2)

Wyatt decided that taking naps are better halfway under the bed. And I love that Bernard is halfway under too.

DSC_0174

Lots of playing at home. Note Boone talking on his phone in the background. We love our home!

 DSC_0159 (2)

Our tree where 90 percent of the ornaments are up higher because of a tiny boy who continued bringing them to us.

DSC_0162 (2)

Dunkin Donuts opened in our little town. Enough said.

 DSC_0166 

Still drinking lots of hot chocolate.

DSC_0175

Boone figured out how to climb up on the kitchen table!

   

DSC_0486

We had our YL Christmas Party and I took one of two pictures. This is DC and Suzanne! I think it’s a great picture of you two.

DSC_0228

Made fun Christmas “projects” as Wyatt calls them…all month long. 

I have loved December. Even though I get majored stressed out and eat a ton and have had heart burn for two weeks and now carrying TUMS in my purse…I have loved this month. I love our Christmas tree at night and in the morning- when it’s dark -and all that’s on is the lights. I LOVE that. I love the coziness of it. I have had a major obsession with Christmas movies this year. Like major. Like I watch one every day either with Wyatt or at night when the kids are in bed. I have loved having people to our home. Visited with friends we don’t see often. Being with family. Having Andy home more. Listening to Christmas music. Decorations. Lights. Loving our church and how our Pastor has been sharing, teaching, and encouraging. But with the love comes sadness. Seriously. I told Andy that next year I’m going to go ahead and schedule a counseling session. For real. Like really, I’m going to. I get overwhelmed, stressed, and anxious. In 7.5 years of marriage we are still trying to figure out how to do Christmas. How to merge what we both grew up doing. So this year we made some changes, communicated better, and it’s still a work in progress. The boys got up about 6:45 and we were basically done by 7. Ok maybe 7:10. I kept telling Wyatt to slooooowwww down. But how do you tell a 4 year old who is beyond excited about opening gifts to slow down and soak it in. We opened gifts and got ready and headed to my Granny’s home a couple hours away for more Christmas with her. She will be 102 in January!!!!! We then traveled back and had an awesome steak dinner that my husband prepared for us. That is going to be a new tradition for our family, it was way yum and such a treat. We are not done though. We are getting together with Andy’s side of the family this weekend, so W is super pumped about more presents and seeing family. I’m not ready for things to be “normal”. Not ready to take down my tree or pack up the decorations or Andy to have to go back to work. Not ready for my Christmas movie marathon to be over. What I have to look forward to: Christ. Christ in me. In my family. In my home. In our town. He is bigger than my sadness. Much bigger. God sent us the best gift of all for Christmas: his Son.

Comments

Katherine said…
I'm totally with you on still trying to figure out Christmas. This is our 8th Christmas together and the hardest one yet to try to figure out. Glad you had a great December. Happy New Year!

Popular Posts