it all started with a sunroof

Yes, it sure did. It started with a sunroof at 4pm on Sunday afternoon. My hubs had to leave town this past weekend but before he left he surprised me with reservations for a 2 night stay at a bed and breakfast…the day he gets back….we leave. What?! Seriously? What about the kids? What about Wyatt…he starts school Tuesday morning? What about my dentist appointment on Monday morning?

So here is how it all panned out: Andy’s dad and stepmom (aka Papaw and Nana) kept the boys. We all met halfway, traded cars (that’s where the sunroof comes in), Andy hugged and kissed the boys (he had not seen them in 2 days), I hugged and kissed the boys, I didn’t cry (I thought I would), we all drove off, we had Nana’s car…with the sunroof (while she took the minivan), I opened up the sunroof, I felt really cool, and I jammed out to KISS, by Prince: it was beautiful.

DSC_0554 DSC_0555 DSC_0556

This is where we stayed. I know, don’t hate. The only way we stay at this beautiful, restful place is because Andy gets half off since he is in full time ministry.

We had reservations for dinner at 6:30 and it was delicious and peaceful. I was able to have an adult conversation with my hubs over a very nice meal.

DSC_0523 DSC_0528

The next day, I thought I would sleep until 10:30 but the good ole’ internal clock woke me up at 8:00. Still it was nice to be woken by my clock, then a crying baby. :) We ate an incredible breakfast: scrambled eggs, waffles, and bacon…of course with coffee…my favorite thing in the world is to have coffee with Andy. Then we walked around and found this huge swing…where we laughed and made silly faces and took pictures.

DSC_0536 

Me and the hubs…self portraits always make our noses look big. But I love it anyway.

 DSC_0542 DSC_0545(2)

DSC_0540

Then we spent some time with Jesus. I desire to get up in the mornings before my kids and be still and quiet before the Lord. I long for 15-30 minutes of this peaceful time…but it doesn’t happen. It could, I would just have to get up at 5:30 am and that is really hard for me. But I could do it, I need to do it, for my sanity…but this day there were no interruptions, no schedule, just time together and time to be still. Andy read on the hammock and I was next to him in the bench swing. Writing and reading. It was a breath of fresh air.

DSC_0553   Then we threw horseshoes. And that was fun and funny.

  DSC_0561 Then we drove around, with the sunroof down. And we laughed again at this picture of us holding hands.

DSC_0562And we drank our coke and diet coke. Oh yum.

It was a wonderful, spontaneous trip away. This was the first time we, as a couple, have ever left Boone . So in 13 months (actually more), this was our first time to get away as just Andy and Olivia. We picked up the boys this morning at 8:00 because today was Wyatt’s first day of “school”. Somehow it all worked out. Andy knew I needed a break. We knew we needed time with each other. We are thankful for our parents who helped make this happen for us. The boys were glad to see us and we were glad to see them. Now it’s back to reality and I have to go to the grocery store, take Boone for his one year check up, do a load of laundry, pick up the house, and think about dinner. Life is good.

Comments

notes of em said…
sooooo thankful for your hubs and his love for you.
you are so cute, whatever about the big nose. thats ridiculous.
love you sweet friend!
marla said…
Yeah for spontaneous trip away!! WOO HOO!! It looked and sounded so great. Soo happy for you two. It was refreshing to read about it. I am so happy for you. So glad Wyatt didn't have trouble going to school too. Yeah! :)
marla said…
I forgot to say how much I LOVE the photos!!! The one of Andy in the hammock, the bench, your hands, the swing. They are all so good. There are definitely some "framers" in the bunch. U have a great talent for capturing things in a creative and artistic way. Loveit.

Popular Posts