his confidence is growing

DSC_0459 DSC_0461

In the past month I have seen so much confidence grow in Wyatt. He has always been very cautious and unsure of things, for example the playground. He loves it, but it takes him awhile to warm up and feel the confidence in himself that he can go down the big slide or climb the wall. The “playlands” {at McD’s or Chick-Fil-A}…loves the thought but will not go on his own and instead just watches or waits for a big kid to help him out. But something happened while we were at Windy Gap that blossomed in Wyatt. It was being around the other kids and feeling like I can do that. I will take the risk. I will jump off the large second step. I will walk through the crowd of people to get to Daddy. I will climb the climbing wall and the ladder…by myself. We went to the playground two days after we got home and Wyatt, without saying a word, climbed up the playground and went down the big slide like he had been doing it since he was 2. He never said he was scared, never asked us to do it with him, he just did it. So thank you Jack and Caleb, Carson and David for being such good buddies at WG and for encouraging Wyatt.

DSC_0447 DSC_0448 DSC_0450

This is also his new favorite “sport”. The frisbee. And ya know what…he’s actually pretty good. Watch out, you might see him playing some Frisbee Golf at the park or Andy might have a new team mate for Ultimate Frisbee.

*sidenote: Wyatt didn’t climb any further and got off the pile of wood before it could have possibly all fallen out underneath him. Just in case anyone was wondering or concerned. :)

Comments

Popular Posts