blah..

 

Today has been that kind of day where you just wake up and you’re blah. Coffee doesn’t help and neither does this dreary weather. We went to the Children’s Museum today just to get out of the house and do something different. We went early and Boone skipped his nap but we had a great time. There is an awesome playground outside and so Wyatt had lots of fun there…maybe too much fun…maybe that’s why he had a bathroom accident if you know what I mean…and I don’t mean pee. Yeah. I was not happy. Not. at. all. Maybe I would have been like “oh, no big deal” if I hadn’t woke up this morning in my blah mood.

So then we get home and Wyatt spills his chocolate milk all over my newly cleaned floors. Awesome. I told him very calmly to go to his room {so my head would not pop off}. Maybe I would have been like “oh, no big deal” if I hadn’t woke up this morning in my blah mood.

Boone now is playing in his bed. I tried getting him to nap but he doesn’t want to since he cat-napped on the way home from our “outting”. He isn’t crying {yet}, he’s just in there talking to his stuffed animals. Maybe I would have been like “oh, no big deal” if I hadn’t woke up this morning in my blah mood.

Wyatt has been very quiet so I go to check on him and this is where I found him…in his bed, under the covers, with the lights on. I take pictures of these moments because they don’t come around very often. I am sure he will pee in his bed. Sure of it. As you can see in this picture there is no mattress cover or sheets. Yep, he’s laying on a blanket and then covered up with his comforter. A few days back {yes, days} he took his pull up off {that he wears when he sleeps b/c no he has not yet accomplished not peeing while you sleep, but he’ll get there, I’m not worried about it} and we didn’t know it and you know the rest of the story. I have been too lazy to put his nice clean mattress cover and sheets back on, yes.. I am lazy. But this time when he wakes up from his nap {and I’m sure there will be pee} I am going to say “oh, no big deal” because even though I woke up this morning in my blah mood, I love my kids and accidents happen and there’s no reason to cry over spilled milk. They are a gift. And I am grateful. Just a little blah today.

DSC_0056

Comments

notes of em said…
sweet friend. Blah days are a guarantee. and they usually happen on a Monday. so think of the other 6 days of the week as a gift.
love you.
and no your not lazy, your just like every other mother in America.
I think W mattress set matches his room quite well! I wouldnt put sheets on the bed either.
I hope he surprises you and stays dry.
love you.
your doing a great job with the boys.
i yelled today.

Popular Posts