my smart kiddo
Andy has had a beard this entire past year and just the other day decided to shave it. He looks SO young whenever he shaves, I'll have to get a picture to share because he looks so cute.
Anyway Wyatt was not sure what to think and when he saw Andy he asked, "is that Daggy", funny.
The guys were getting ready to get out of the house for a little bit and this is what I over heard:
A: Well I have to grow it buddy.
W: Like a flower?
Man he is a smart kid. Yesterday I was talking to him about wearing underwear. We talk about it LITERALLY every day. Some days he is all about it, other days he could care less and just wants to wear a diaper. My goal for this year is to get him POTTY TRAINED. The only thing I know to do is wait. Wait until HE is ready and it's HIS idea. He is not afraid to potty...does #1 and#2 just fine, no fears....he just does not WANT to. I have tried charts-they don't work. Bribing him with candy, toys, food-doesn't work. He has had accidents in his underwear and I have let him see what it feels like for them to be wet-doesn't bother him. I have let him go to the store and pick out his underwear-not a big deal. We talk about daddy and other "big boys" wearing underwear-doesn't phase him. We have been talking about the potty, no more diapers, big boy underwear for a YEAR now....really. I'm telling you NOTHING works. This is what he told me yesterday...I kid you not:
Me: Wyatt do you want to put some underwear on?
W: I wear underwear when I want to.
Really, it has to be his idea. If anyone has words of encouragement-like my child wasn't potty trained till he/she was 4- that would be awesome to know. Until then I will keep buying my Wal-mart diapers. :)
Comments
Anywho....GA didn't start wearing panties until she was almost three and she still wears them to bed at night. DON'T WORRY!!! You know Wyatt more than anybody else, so you know what is best for him!