hocky game # 2 and fishing line

We were given some tickets to see our local hockey game play. (What a huge blessing!) Andy and I went a few weeks back and had such a great time and we knew Wyatt would love it if we took him -so last night was the night. One of our awesome baby sitters, Hannah, kept Boone while we went on a date with Wyatt...this was the first time it was just us 3 since Boone's been born! It was really so much fun to be with him and give him all our attention and of course he soaked it up. I never get to carry him (he loves for me to carry him) b/c I am always carrying Boone but last night I carried that 40 pound, 3 year old, through the parking lot and into the coliseum. We kept each other warm. 

We had AWESOME seats and popcorn ready to eat and cheer the team on. By the way the cheerleaders/dancers arrived on time last night and actually performed after the first period. I really am getting into these hockey games...like I want to go to more...(hint hint Andy). I know nothing about hockey but I am starting to pick up on things and understanding it better. There is something about the action of the game, the speed...it's not slow paced and I like that. Plus I think Andy enjoys that I like watching a sport with him.

2 things to note from this second hockey game:
1. Wyatt and I devoured a bag of cotton candy in a matter of 10 minutes or less and we obviously give our child too much sugar because it did nothing to him. 
2. There is a possibility Wyatt learned a couple "new words" at the game (from hockey fans)...that we are hoping he has already forgotten.




Well this is fishing line. Fishing line that was literally all over our house this morning. Our friend Kristin and her girls (hey ya'll I know you are reading this) gave Wyatt this super cute Cars fishing rod. Wyatt LOVES LOVES to fish. Well the little tire on the end is great because as Andy puts it..."he can practice". It's nice because we don't have to worry about getting hooked just possibly bonked in the head with the little rubber tire. No big deal. Well this morning we did not realize it, because it is very hard to see fishing line, but Wyatt had taken the end of the rod, the tire, and had been walking around the kitchen, in the living, and down the hallway all the while pulling the line out. I noticed it when Andy was cooking breakfast and there was something glimmering in the kitchen light. Ha! It was funny, we had a good laugh. Andy had to cut the line but no worries we have plenty more. Thank you Kristin for thinking of our sweet boy!

Comments

Popular Posts