13.1

 IMG_5571 IMG_5575 IMG_5577 IMG_5578 IMG_5580

I finished my first ever half marathon in March! It has always been on my “bucket list”. I was hoping to do one before I turned 40 {in 4 more years, gulp} and never did I think I would be able to train for one with a child still at home during the day. My sister has ran 5, I think {maybe more}, in the last 2 years and she truly inspired me to do this. She advised me, encouraged me like crazy, answered all my questions, and believed in me! We ran it together and knocked out 13.1 in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

My Mom, niece, Andy and the kids came and we were able to see them cheering us on at 2 different places. I can’t tell you how awesome that felt to have our little cheering squad.

I will also say that I couldn’t have done this without Andy. He kept the kids on Saturdays while I did my long runs {for 2 months}. I trained in freezing cold weather, snow, early mornings, and without a running partner {except my sister and I did our “virtual” training together since she lives in Georgia}. I did a lot of training on the treadmill {yes, it’s possible} thanks to the YMCA so Josie Wade could be in childcare. I learned so much about my self. I learned that most of the training and prep was MENTAL! I learned that this body God has given me can be trained to go distance. And I pray that my kids will see that when you put your mind to something anything ANYTHING is possible with God. To Him be the glory!

Comments

Popular Posts