life is a mess: embrace it

josiecookiehelper

The other day I had a strong urge to make some chocolate chip cookies. Just because. And so I did and I ate maybe 6 or 7 or 8 in one day. Maybe.
Josie was my helper and she loved being my assistant.

 josiemess

As you can see she wanted to make her own “cookies”, so I let her. I let go of it all and let her make a mess. Sometimes it’s easier to let them be messy and just clean up later. Life is a mess. A big mess. That’s why we need Jesus. To give us hope in a world that is a mess. Hope in my heart: which is a mess. Hope in my life: which is a mess.

josiejoy  

Look at that pleased smile.
I’m not great at letting it go but I’m learning.
God is working on me. He’s not done with me yet.
And I’m grateful for that.
Grateful He doesn’t give up on me.
Grateful he sees my messy heart and loves me still.

Comments

Popular Posts