one on one with my boone. the cleaning can wait.

DSC_0785
My Boone. He is a mess. On Friday he asked me to play pirates with him a million times. Why do I not just play more!? Instead my kids sometimes have to beg me to play with them!

DSC_0788 

I just have so much to do around the house: laundry, dishes, food, etc that I often don’t make enough time for play.

DSC_0794(2)

Which in a way makes me sad because my time is very short with him before he goes to Kindergarten. Not much more of just Boone and Josie at home.

DSC_0795

So I feel guilty for saying not now, hold a just a minute, we can’t do that today, no. As Josie was taking a much needed nap, we went upstairs to play pirates.

 DSC_0799 

And he loved it.

DSC_0800

Even with this fake smile, he was having a blast that all my attention was on him.

DSC_0804

Arrrrrr matey.

DSC_0805

I see his thankfulness in his eyes. When he is really happy sometimes he tries not too smile. I think he gets a little giddy. A little embarrassed. And in a way blushes. He loves the one one one time. LOVES. IT.

I’m often reminding myself to fill up my kid’s tanks. I think this was a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts