8 months

IMG_2809

Yesterday after church we had a little picnic out in the backyard. It was a glorious day and  a perfect day to get some sunshine on our faces. After playing in the backyard for awhile, throwing the football with Wyatt and kicking the soccer ball {whoa, I am out of shape!}…Boone and Josie swinging and laying on the picnic blanket…we left for the woods.

IMG_2839 IMG_2841

We didn’t really mean to, but we ended up hiking 3 miles! Our kids were tired…especially Josie…oh and Lilly our dog but it was a great day for Vitamin D, being in the woods, walking along the lake, reflecting, crying. Yes, crying. Emotion has been coming over me lately. It’s been 8 months since my Dad died. We are getting farther away from last June and closer to the one year anniversary of his death. I grew up going hiking as a family and our vacations were spent camping out at the lake. I think now more than ever I have this new found desire to be in nature even more. It’s a way I can connect with God and also feel a little connection to my Dad. What better way to experience the Creator than by being in His creation.

Comments

Popular Posts