o december, you were so good

DSC_0517

The cookie decorating party. Always a fun time followed by lots of loud laughs from a game of Catch Phrase, old school.

 DSC_0555(2) DSC_0567

Boone was our sweet little Wiseman this year in the Preschool Nativity.

 IMG_1932

Josie got to hang the star on the Christmas tree this year. This will be good documentation for next year when the 3 buckaroos are fighting over who hung the star last.

IMG_1933

We had no idea Boone was making lunch for everybody. 

IMG_1952

Such a sweet time. Daddy putting Josie to bed, singing among the twinkle lights.

 IMG_1958

My little Christmas Pajama Cutie who loved some powered doughnuts.

 IMG_2016 IMG_2041

I went hunting with my honey. And Wyatt started basketball for the FIRST time this year!

IMG_2075

Boone snuggled with Josie in her bed and read her stories.

 IMG_2141 IMG_2143

I LOVE my honey. We also attended the Christmas Eve service at church. I sweat bullets when all 3 of my kids want to hold a candle.

IMG_2148 IMG_2157

Christmas Day. My gift to Andy: sleep. Josie loved her baby doll bed to rock all her new babies.

 IMG_2165

Andy hooked up the projector {he uses for YL} to the computer, we took the mirror off the wall, hung up at a sheet, popped popcorn and all 5 snuggled in our bed to watch Despicable Me 2. Hilarious.

 IMG_2174

We stayed in our pajamas all day. It was bliss. Daddy read the Christmas Story and we soaked it into our hearts.

 IMG_2175

Christmas break also involved an impromptu “sprint/race” with my honey in which he won and I’m just glad I didn’t pull a hamstring.

IMG_2203 IMG_2216

My sis and niece surprised me with some HOT rollers in the mail. I’m obsessed. Boone drew these hearts for Andy and told him that’s how much I love you Daddy. 

IMG_2104

My parents all gave us country ham and homemade biscuits for Christmas. Best.gift.ever. Andy cooked it all one morning and every time I eat this meal I relive the smells of my Granny’s kitchen when I was a little girl. The yummiest part: red-eyed gravy sprinkled with pepper.  My gift to myself this Christmas: food. Yes. I ate and ate and enjoyed it and I now I am reminding myself not to complain about the extra pounds I put on because I was allowing myself to indulge. It was my gift to me. Now the work must start. Boo.

IMG_2220 IMG_2226

We went for an afternoon drive. Yes, we drive around and look for our “dream land”…quite often. We took the kids to use their gift cards and Wyatt loved on his baby sis.

IMG_2227

Boone and the red hat. My Dad had this funny red hat with a feather and all sorts of different pins. He would wear it around Christmas time. Our kids loved it. So look what I happend to find at Target on clearance for $1.50. I saw it and immediately thought: Boone. Oh, I miss my Dad. I really do.

Comments

Popular Posts