106: it’s a party
I went with my Mama this weekend to help with my Granny who was also turning 106. Yes. One Zero Six.
We had lots of deep, rich conversations there and back. I love this lady so much.
This is literally the beautiful view from the driveway. Moooooo.
She never gets out because it is extremely hard for her and those helping take care of her. But it was her birthday and she wanted to go to church…so we took her to church. And after the service everyone sang Happy Birthday! The lady next to my Mom is Jewel. Isn’t she cute with her little red hat and I LOVE her name. Granny was thrilled to be out and see friends!
I love this. I might even blow it up and frame it. This was at another near by farm.
And so were these.
And so was this. I could have driven around for another hour if we had the time. It was a glorious day on Monday as we were heading back home. I loved hearing my Mom tell me about where she went to grade school in the First Grade. And this person lived here and that person lived there. This is the place {by the road} where my Granny and Pampaw got married. That is so and so’s farm. Here is the small cemetary where we have relatives buried. I have been going to this sweet, little town all my life but some of these places I had not seen. It was so fun picturing my Mom as a young girl, playing basketball, spending the night at that old beautiful house that her friend lived in, driving the tractor at age 10. I loved it.
But I think my favorite part of the trip was sitting around the kitchen table to have breakfast. I am so thankful for the dishes I washed because it meant we had sat down together to share a meal. Eating homemade biscuits from scratch and drinking coffee with my Mom and Granny while we talked and laughed in that little, cozy kitchen.
And then I got home and squeezed my family. I crawled into bed earlier than I normally do and these two boys just couldn’t stay away from their Mama. Ha!
Comments