psalms and praise
Praise and thanksgiving require more than our brains. They want our laughter, our capering bodies, our trembling delight, smiles and the sweet flush of delight and song. Praise must be sung.
-Preparing for Jesus
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6
I have been reading through the book of Psalms since my Dad died. It has been so good for my soul. A couple weeks ago I had only one last chapter to read and then I will have completed the book. But I just couldn’t do it. I would put it off. I would start to open it and then place my bookmark back. I just didn’t want to be done. God had used these words to speak to me. To comfort me. To teach me. I know it sounds silly. I know God can use his entire Word to instruct and comfort. His Word can bring light to the very darkness in our hearts. It can bring comfort to the very pain deep in our souls. But this morning I knew. I knew I needed to finish it. God has something else to show me but I needed to finish Psalms.
I have been reading Preparing for Jesus this advent season and today was on praise. And then I open to Psalm 150 and the last verse…let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
And there you have it.
Jesus is coming. God is sending His Son into the world with flesh on. He is coming to rescue us.
I will praise Him and thank Him and worship Him.
Comments