peace

Yesterday I sat in my living room, with my Christmas tree lit, coffee in my hand, instrumental Christmas music playing in the background, Preparing for Jesus open to December 16, Boone playing with Josie in the other room…and I am so thankful. I have shared this passage before but it’s worth sharing again.

So when peace comes into me, though I had been desperately restless and afraid; and when I, who am weak, act with surprising strength; and when faith arises in my hopeless soul; and when I, whose heart was filled with hatreds, suddenly find forgiveness there; and when others love me, though I know I could not be the source of their loving; and when my children come home with reverence; and when the work of my hand praises God beyond my natural skill; and when what I am is what I ought to be-whenever the impossible gift arrives for me, it is God. It is evidence of his love. It is mercy so great, that those around me (my neighbors and relatives) are astonished to find me in such a blessed condition after all.

-Preparing for Jesus

It’s all about Jesus. His mercy is so rich and overflowing. And to experience this peace is truly a gift.

photo (5)

Comments

Popular Posts