november cellphone diaries

novembercollage

November: so many good things. So much to be thankful for.

Andy was camp speaker at Sharp Top Cove where Jesus was shared with to hundreds of high school folks.
Josie still loves picking her toes while in her carseat.
I’m thankful for early mornings with Jesus and my coffee.
Josie went on a 2 week streak of no napping…well 2 naps…hopefully that was just a stage.
A little BK fun with my 2 littles buckaroos…soaking up this year with Boone before he goes to Kindergarten.
Warm tea and my Granny’s quilt. Enough said.
My cowboy boots I have had since high school. They are a treasure.
Boone and his LOVE of drawing.
My sweet sister-in-law Megan…she has a heart of gold.
Josiebug found her brother’s hat. She knows how to be a cutie pie.
I have an 8 year old. What in the world.
Me, my mom, and my sister participated in a Holiday Market. I didn’t sell anything but loved the experience. Ha!
Josie with my nephew Turner whom she loooooves.
Boone chillin with some library books. Kickin his feet up.
And a day to celebrate Thanksgiving at his school. Hard to believe this is Boone’s last year of preschool. Sniff sniff.
A long Saturday walk…that was much needed for my mental health.

I love November…I love the crispier days, the shorter days, I love to think about what I am most grateful for, and share a big meal together with family at Thanksgiving, I love snuggling up together with my kiddos and hubby, and drinking lots of hot chocolate. And this year I think God has given me a new set of eyes to see his creation. I am seeing more beauty in the leafless trees, the overcast days, the colorless creation. There is beauty in the brokenness. God is up to something. He is preparing my heart for the birth of our Savior. He is preparing my heart for the seasons to change just like he prepares our hearts for life changes. God is good even when the days are dark and the sun refuses to shine. He is good in the heartache of losing our loved ones. He is good, all the time.

Comments

Popular Posts