the littles at home

photo (1)

DSC_0398(2)

Today we were coming home from BSF {Bible Study Fellowship} and Boone wanted so bad to go to Burger King because he saw the playground. I didn’t want to and then something in me said go. He’s only going to be little once. Let him enjoy this “last” year at home with you. So we went and got crowns and played on the playground. No, it was not on my list of things to do. No, it was not convenient. Yes, I get grossed out by indoor playgrounds. But he and Josie had a great time. They can drive me cuckoo but I’m going to miss having these two monkeys hanging on my legs next year. It will just be Josie. I don’t know what that’s like to just have one kiddo at home. I had Wyatt. Then I had Boone. Then I had Josie. Everybody had a buddy. Josie is not going to know what to do with herself when Boone goes to Kindergarten. I just want to do as much as I can with him. Create sweet memories for him and pray that he doesn’t remember some of the bad ones. I easily wish away days. And I am learning that if I dwell on missing them as being babies {as this chapter in our life has closed}, then I miss out on all the now, the present moment. I want to appreciate each day. I want to make memories and hope to not have too many regrets.

After my Dad died my Mom said something that has stuck with me. Olivia, there was nothing your Dad and I left undone. We completed everything we wanted to do. I want that for my marriage. I want that for my kids. For our family.

I remember my parents taking us on camping trips, my Dad taking me fishing, my Mom letting me play dress-up with all her clothes and jewelry. I remember the New Years Eve parties they had and would let us stay up and then my Dad would cook eggs and bacon at midnight.

I hope this year with my two little ones at home…I don’t wish it away. Help me Lord to let this Mama soak it all in.

Comments

Popular Posts