songs of joy
We went to my oldest brother’s house yesterday for Thanksgiving lunch. It was a GORGEOUS day and my heart was so very thankful for that. We shed a few tears, ate a lot, and just enjoyed being with each other. I wanted to go by my Mom’s house that evening just for a little bit, since this was the first big holiday without my Dad. I took Boone with me and when we were passing over the water the sun was setting and just about to go down. It was gorgeous. This picture doesn’t even do it justice. I had to turn around and go take a picture. It was such a gift to me. I felt like God had that just for me to see. It was a comforting feeling. A stirring in my soul that was so grateful. Boone kept saying take a picture of the star. Well what do you know that little star made it in the picture…up in the top left hand corner. The heavens declare the glory of God.
This morning I was reading in my devotional book Streams in the Desert {by: L.B. Cowman}. If you don’t have this book, then put it on your Christmas list. Seriously. It will rock your soul. Here is what God had for me:
When morning dawns and evening fades you will call forth songs of joy. Psalm 65:8
In the holy hush of the early dawn I hear a Voice- “I am with you all the day, Rejoice! Rejoice!”
He had so completely filled me with His breath, mind and Spirit that I would only think His thoughts and live His life. Within His life I had found my own, but now it was eternally glorified.
I want to be filled with the Lord’s breath, mind and spirit. I want to think His thoughts and live the life He wants for me. I don’t want my plans to be attained but God’s plans to prevail. I want to live a life that glorifies the Lord even when life hurts.
Comments