a heart of thanksgiving

photo (1)

I love this picture. No, really. I love it. I can’t stop looking at it. I might even print it off and hang it on my fridge. Andy took this yesterday morning. Wyatt and Boone had gone outside and played in the “snow” and Wyatt just decided to keep his warm jacket on. I am wearing my mint colored robe that I have had for 8 years. 8 years!!! I bought it for when I was in the hospital about to have my first baby. It is so warm and cozy. I had gone to the library the day before and surprised them with a bunch of new books about squirrels, koalas, lemurs and owls…yes, I’m not kidding. They are obsessed with animals. I love that they are all in our bed, cozied up next to each other, engaged in this book. There is not a worry in the world at this moment. They are warm and safe and little. I wish I could freeze time in this picture…but I guess that is what pictures really are…time frozen. 8, 5 and 2. I look at this picture and thank God that He gave them to us. That he chose me to be their Mama and these three to be my children. I thank God for my husband who loves me in a way that I can’t even put into words. I love doing life with him. I love that God put us together to hold each other up when the other needs it. I am so grateful he “gets” me. He knows my broken and dark places and loves me through them.

I am thankful that during times of pain and sadness, God gives us glimpses of Heaven. A song, a scripture, a sweet note from a friend, laughter, sunrises and sunsets.

Thanksgiving will be different this year. My heart misses my Dad. I wonder if Heaven has a big Thanksgiving feast. With a long banquet table of all his friends and family that have gone to be with Jesus through the years. I picture him sitting with the Lord and his heart so full of thanksgiving and gratitude. That his faith has been made sight.

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, his love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

Comments

Popular Posts