8

Dear Wyatt,
On November 7, 2005 you made us parents for the first time. You were born at 5:28 pm and we were ecstatic to have you in our arms. We were overwhelmed with joy that God had given us a baby boy. There was so much we didn’t know and so much we still don’t know. You are the “first everything”. The first to be born. The first to be a big brother. The first to go to Kindergarten. The first to play a sport. The first to have your feelings truly hurt. The first to ask questions about God. We have watched you grow physically and emotionally and spiritually in the last 8 years. We can’t wait to see what God does next and how He continues to draw you to himself. As Grandad would say “we might need to put a brick on your head” to keep you from growing so fast…you are going to be up to my shoulders pretty soon. Here are the 8 things I love about you:

1. Your LOVE for nature and all things outdoors. Because of your passion for creation, I know more about bugs, reptiles and animals and to be honest I wouldn’t have been as interested in these things if it weren’t for your desire to learn about them.

2. I love how at night you are so still. You will lay in your bed and I can tell you are thinking. I love that you want to read and look at your books and lately you just want to draw. It is good to be still. Keep practicing this. It just gets harder the older you get.

3. I love your laugh. You laugh like Grammy! And she has the best laugh. It is full of joy.

4. The way you love your brother and sister. You boys can be so rough and tough with each other and drive each other crazy but the next minute you are telling on another how thankful you are for each other. How you’re the best brother ever. And Josie, well you are still smitten over her and so proud to be her brother.

5. Your appreciation for most anything. You are pretty easy to please. And I love that for your birthday and Christmas you just asked for “nature-related things”.

6. Your smile. I’ve always loved your smile. It reminds me of your Mama D.

7. Your desire to help with the little buckaroos at bedtime. If I ask you to help me read them a book, scratch Boone’s back, rock Josie. You are always willing. That might change. But for now, I am so grateful.

8. Your trust in the Lord. Wyatt, the “world” will tell you things that are not true. Your heart will hurt. You will face trials. You will lose people that are special to you…and you already have at such a young age…but keep trusting in the Lord. He is good. All the time. Even when your heart aches. And you face difficulties. God is the same. Yesterday, today and forever. He never changes. He is good.

DSC_0120 DSC_0121 DSC_0122 DSC_0130 DSC_0134 IMG_1643 IMG_1649 IMG_1655 IMG_1657

So for your 8th birthday you wanted a rescue dog for the theme. We did red and white for colors. Your presents were wrapped with maps and leaves. We ate Chinese food for your birthday dinner. And we kept the tradition going with dirt cups for your class.

We love you Andrew Wyatt.
You were the first to make us a Mama and Daddy.
The first time we experienced our heart on the outside.

“I pray out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.” Ephesians 3:16-17

Comments

gptramell said…
Happy belated birthday Wyatt! Unce Ryan, Aunt Paige, Taylor , Parker & Alayna love you to the moon and back!

Popular Posts