my sis ran 13.1 miles

Last weekend my sister ran her first half marathon. I am so stinking proud of her!!! So we {me, my Mom, and Josie} took a girls trip to cheer her on last Sunday morning.

photo_1

Early morning. Getting ready to head out the door! Lots of nerves and excitement!

DSC_0030 DSC_0033

Josie was a trooper. She was such a good little cheerleader and bringing Peter along helped keep her entertained. :)

  DSC_0063

I wish I had more pictures but it was just so awesome being in the moment. We saw her at the 3 mile mark and then we headed to the finish so we could watch her run in. It was awesome. So many emotions from us all. She almost stopped training for it after my Dad died but she pushed through. She stuck to it. She trained and overcame anything that was telling her she should stop. Margaret said this after the race. Make a goal and stick to it…even if it takes you 20 years.  She may kill me for saying this but my sister is fabulously 50!!! 50 and ran her first 13.1 mile race. Afterwards she asked me if I was going to run with her next year. Eeek! That’s a challenge. We’ll see. I need to set more goals. And not just set them but actually accomplish them.

 photo_2 photo_3 photo_4 photo_5

Comments

Popular Posts