fall break 2013
What a week! Wyatt has a WEEK LONG fall break and we had some fun things planned for the kiddos. We haven’t been to the zoo in 2 years and the boys have been asking about going for awhile now. They had a blast! Josie walked the entire time. I really don’t think she ever rode in her stroller. Good way to get a baby to go to sleep. No nap and walking all day long.
This was new to us…feeding the parakeets. This boy was in heaven….maybe Andy too because he had parakeets growing up.
Seriously…this sign. Totally made me laugh.
Josie loves her baby Peter….and especially her Daddy.
The next day we went on an overnight camping trip with some friends of ours. Our boys and their 3 boys really get a long well together. We have done lots of day trips but we have not gone camping as a family…and especially not with a toddler. We decided to give it a whirl and it was a blast. If the weather wasn’t calling for rain the next day we would have stayed another night. It was so freeing. We camped near water so we had our own personal “sound machine”. We cooked all our meals over the camp fire. Roasted marshmallows. Had great conversations. And let our kids get FILTHY! It was so good for my soul and brought back so many sweet memories of growing up and camping with my family. Our family vacations were going to the lake or the mountains and camping out. I remember the smell of the big, canvas tent, we slept in. The treat for me and brother was to drink coffee {with lots and LOTS of cream and sugar in it}. I’m so thankful for these memories. I wish I could have shared this experience with my Dad. To tell him how good Josie was and how proud of her he would have been. To relive our family camping trips together. But I am so thankful that my parents gave us “vacations”. I hope that we keep making memories for our kids.
On the way back home we stopped and got icecream. Josie has only had icecream one other time, which was last weekend. Because of her food allergies we have not given it to her, but last week we gave her a little and she did fine. So we decided to try again. She was fine until her face started having tiny hives on it. Please look at her fingernails.
This was before we took it away from her. She was really happy at this moment.
Found this picture at my parents house. Day hikes, picnics, camping trips. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Comments