praise changes things

“Nothing pleases God more than praise as part of our prayer life, and nothing blesses someone who prays as much as the praise that is offered. I once received a great blessing from this while in China. I had recently received bad news from home, and deep shadows of darkness seemed to cover my soul. I prayed but the darkness remained. I forced myself to endure but the shadows only deepened. Then suddenly one day, as I entered a missionary’s home at an inland station, I saw these words on the wall: Try giving thanks. So I did, and in a moment every shadow was gone, never to return. Yes, the psalmist was right: It is good to praise the Lord. {Psalm 92:1}” – Henry W. Frost

“Sometimes God causes severe winds of trial to blow upon His children to develop their gifts. Just as a torch burns more brightly when waved back and forth, and just as as a juniper plant smells sweetest when thrown into the flames, so the richest qualities of a Christian often arise under the strong winds of suffering and adversity. Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance that God loves to smell.”

“The Lord says it in the simplest way: "My grace IS {not will be or may be} sufficient for you.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

STREAMS IN THE DESERT{L.B. Cowman}

It’s been 6 weeks.

I have been to 4 funerals since May. We have had 2 dear friends of my parents {and family} pass away within a month of my Dad’s death. And in the shedding of tears. The mourning and grieving. Missing my Dad so very much…I will stand and say God is still good. His grace IS sufficient for me. I am often comforted that my Dad is with the Lord. The other day I was in the car with the kids and the song I Can Only Imagine {by Mercy Me} came on. I have heard this song tons of times but this time it meant something more to me.

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

My eyes were full of tears. And I just worshiped the Lord. There were tears of sadness but mostly tears of joy. I was thinking my Dad knows! He doesn’t have to imagine…he is in the presence of his Maker.

Put your name here: _______ my grace IS sufficient for you.

Comments

gptramell said…
Awesome Olivia Wade! Thank you for posting! I think of "Praise you in this storm" by Casting Crowns. Sometimes I believe God brings beauty in the brokeness like you said. Praying for and loving you!

Popular Posts