the birthday boy
We always celebrate the birthday child with cinnamon rolls for breakfast on the birthday plate. Boone was so excited to turn 5 even though he tells me about every other day that he doesn’t want to grow up.
We just do family birthday parties but when they turn 5 they can have a few friends over. We did a Backyard Bug Bash!
Semi-homemade cupcakes. Thanks to Walmart {they are actually pretty yummy} we picked what flavor cupcake and asked for green icing. {also known as dirt and grass} Then I just added a few sprinkles and some gummy worms on top.
Thanks to Pinterest I saw this cute idea for snacks…butterflies…you can tell, right?
I bought little packs of bugs at the Dollar Tree and Andy hid them in the sandbox. The boys dug for their bugs and put them in these little bags to keep.
Again, love me some Dollar Tree. The little tags were free to print on line.
I love that Boone has many different looks for pictures. Some a big smile. Mostly funny faces. And this “in the zone” smile.
The buddies!
These boys had such a great time and really played well together. It was a treat for me to get to have some adult conversation with friends.
We went to the pool that afternoon. Then took Boone to get some ice-cream from a delicious, local ice-cream parlor.
I love love love this picture of Josie {and that was my dress when I was a little girl}!
This kiddo is getting so big, so much taller. Hard to believe he is my Second Grader!
We then stopped at this lovely place on the way home. This beautiful field with an awesome barn. The boys looked for grasshoppers {I love that Boone wore his hat the entire time} which kept them very entertained.
We also came across an apple tree. I love this picture! I pray my kids are close as they get older and as they are adults. I thought I was pretty close to my siblings but since my Dad died there is a new level of closeness. I am so thankful to have a sister and brothers who care about each other and that we care so deeply for my mom.
It was a sweet day. A lot has happened in the 5 years since Boone has been born. I am so thankful he loves life and that he shows me how to find joy in the little things.
Comments