1…2…3…4…FIVE!
William Boone
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:8Today our sweet baby boy turns 5. FIVE! It was just yesterday I was holding him in my arms…in love with a baby boy who had tons of dark brown hair! God was so good to give us Boone. Here are five things I LOVE about William Boone.
1. His heart. Boone has the most loving heart. It exudes joy. He is so full of life. Living it to the max. I wish I had an ounce of the energy he has. His heart is so soft. It hasn’t been hardened by the world yet. Oh Lord, guard his heart.
2. His big brown eyes. Boone has the most beautiful BIG brown eyes and long eyelashes. What I love most about Boone’s eyes is what I think he sees through them. People. He loves people. It doesn’t matter what color skin they have. If they are a boy or a girl. It doesn’t matter if they are young or old. Tall or short. Big or little. Lord, please give me eyes look Boone…to see people the way You see people.
3. Being the middle child. I don’t think God could have picked a better child to be the best little brother and the best big brother to Wyatt and Josie. He has a great attitude on life and he is such a very good friend to his siblings. Thank you Lord for his sweet spirit!
4. His detail to drawings. Boone will sit and draw and detail many of his pictures. The best part is that he wants to tell me what everything is and most of his drawings have a smiley face in the top corner. He tells me, that’s God. My Dad loved to draw and paint. I’m so thankful for the time he took to draw with my kids and for my kids. I have a couple little maps he drew for the boys and will always cherish them. I think Boone gets some of that creativity from him. Lord, help me to encourage the creativity in his heart.
5. Boone’s kisses and hugs. I think I need to cherish these more than I do. If I have to go somewhere he always says Wait, I need to give you a kiss and a hug. Or at night after he has been tucked in he may come out of his room and say I forgot to give you a kiss and hug. I think there will be a day when that’s “not cool” anymore and the kisses will become less. Jesus, help me to slow down. To love life to the fullest like Boone. To love and love well.
XOXO
Comments