cellphone diaries: april

I’m back! Well, for today. I blinked and April was gone. I’m trying to think if I even took my camera out of it’s bag. Thankful for my cellphone to help me document these moments with my family.

aprilcollage1

My April in review since it’s now May…lots of outside time enjoying the warmer temps! Praise Jesus for SPRINGTIME! Josie explored mud puddles and creeks. Wyatt found a HUGE crawfish {and wanted to cook it and eat it…eww…it didn’t happen}. The boys, especially Wyatt, have been into this warrior, spear hunting, bead wearing, no shoes wearing, live off the land and eat bugs and plants kind of phase. We spend time with cousins and had some of my mom’s fried chicken…the BEST fried chicken ev-er.

aprilcollage2

We are enjoying sunshine and walks outside. I’m working on my biscuit making. Homework with Wyatt is very entertaining and I know God is using him to teach me something {Wyatt: They say at church, if you look closely at the foot of the cross you will find Jesus there…but I don’t know what he looks like!} Snuggles with my girl. Music and car dancing can always brighten up a grumpy mood. More exploring with the kids. Josie made sure she didn’t leave her purse at home. BLT and sweet tea for dinner. I love the South! YL Senior Club at our house. So awesome to hear what God has done in these kids lives and how he has used YL Leaders to show his love. So neat Wyatt got to hear these Seniors talk about their heart.

aprilcollage3

Josie cooked dinner one night. That was a great help. At the end of the day I can almost always find Boone drawing…quietly. The best ever little café in the neighboring town. Wyatt and Andy went on a “Man Weekend” with family. They hunted and fished. Seriously, isn’t Wyatt such a cutie in all that camo? Ha! Andy and his beard. Can I just tell you that when he shaved it last week…I was sad. Actually the kids were too. Yes, I just said that. I like that burly beard! I got to spend that weekend with Boone and Josie. We explored the park, and picked flowers and watched the ducks. The next day we had a little Krispy Kreme…with sprinkles. We tried to wrap our brains around the devastation in Boston. And we are reminded that in the midst of tragedy and heartbreak…God is STILL good. I have to believe that. I am thankful to parent along side Andy. All these adventures and explorations would be pretty hard to do without him. He’s a great dad.

aprilcollage4

I’m continuing on my goal for 2013 to read more books. I finished the top two with the boys. Would you believe that they loved Little House in the Big Woods. I know it’s probably more for girls but they are ready to start Little House on the Prairie. Heaven is for Real…wow. I read this in one day. I couldn’t put it down! Awesome book. And the Duck Commander Family…neat to hear their heart for people, their family, business, and Jesus.

That’s a wrap. My goal for this next more: blog!!!

Comments

gptramell said…
I have missed your blog! Glad you are back sweet girl!
Love all of you- Paige

Popular Posts