holy week
Sunday night we went to our first full Seder Meal feast. A local church was hosting and it was such a neat experience.
The Passover Meal.
Passover is the great Jewish feast of redemption and liberation, the memorial of the Israelites' deliverance from their bondage in Egypt.
Passover is a festival of great rejoicing, which reveals how God "led us from captivity to freedom, from sadness to joy, from mourning to feasting, from servitude to redemption, from darkness to brilliant light.
Jesus told them, "I have longed to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; because, I tell you, I shall not eat it again until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Then, taking a cup, he gave thanks and said, 'Take this and share it among you, because from now on, I tell you, I shall not drink wine until the kingdom of God comes'.
Then he took some bread, and when he had given thanks, broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body which will be given for you; do this as a memorial of me'. He did the same with the cup after supper, and said, 'This cup is the new covenant in my blood which will be poured out for you.'" (Luke 22:15-20)
I have been wanting to post on what all the Lord has been teaching me but I keep getting a roadblock. There is so much dwelling in my heart and soul that I don’t even know where to begin. As we enter in to this Holy Week and prepare for Easter, my prayer is to keep the focus on Jesus Christ. Through doing a Lenten Devotional this year I have learned so much about what the Lord wants for my life. What He truly longs for me to learn. Here are some words that have touched my soul.
This is a season in which we are called to stop whatever we are doing, no matter how important it might be, and so some spring cleaning of the soul. We are invited to enter more intentionally into the disciplines of prayer, self-examination and repentance for the purpose of renewal and restoration. We are willing to sit in out messy house and get a little more honest about the fact that are in disarray. –Ruth Haley Barton
It is the difficult and the unexpected, and maybe even the tragic, that opens us up and frees us to see things in new ways. Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right but because it all fell apart. Suffering does that that. It hurts, but it also creates. –Rob Bell
This gift of our brokenness is often the only real gift that we can give or receive with any real honesty and with any real hope and with any real power. We do not demonstrate our faith when we live in the light, we show our faith when we live in the dark. –Frederick Buechner
Ahh…there is so much more. Truly I am broken. Truly I need Jesus.
Comments