holy week: good friday
Good Friday started off with me having some alone time while Andy kept all three kids for me. Yes, this is the best gift EVER. So I set off to get a bagel and coffee and head to the park…to sit in my car and have a little Jesus time. The Lord was already preparing me to see Him that day. I stood in line waiting to pay for my food when the older gentleman in front of me was getting ready to pay for his food. The cashier said sir your meal has already been taken care of today. This sweet man, probably in his 80’s was a little confused as to how it had already been paid for and the cashier pointed to another man and said he wanted to pay for your meal today. What a privilege for me to get to see this interaction take place!!! I go to fix up my coffee and “overheard” them talking. The older man said to the younger man as he went to shake his hand I’m sorry but I just can’t think where I might know you. The younger man said You don’t know me sir I just wanted to do something nice for someone. I am pouring my sugar and cream and smiling from ear to ear. It was just the sweetest interaction. It was Jesus with flesh on. And I got to witness it! I was drawn to the cross that morning.
“A new command I give you: Love one another.” John 13:34
Friday was a rainy, messy, dark day. Appropriate for Good Friday.
We were suppose to go to a service at our church and 30 minutes before we were to leave Josie started throwing up. And it continued for the next 6 hours. I was bummed we didn’t get to go, sad that Josie was feeling so terrible, tired from a week of Wyatt having the stomach bug and I thought to myself…this is yet another way Jesus draws us to the cross.
So this morning we woke up, had some coffee and muffins and Josie some crackers…and we sat and read from our Jesus Storybook Bible. {Best book ever…for kids and adults.} In the midst of chaos yesterday we didn’t get to do this with our kids.
We all listened to the story of Jesus rescuing us.
Then Jesus shouted out in a loud voice, “It is finished!” And it was. He had done it. Jesus had rescued the whole world.
{Jesus Storybook Bible}
And we wait. It’s Friday…it’s Saturday…but Sunday’s coming!
Comments