book list
One of my goals this year is to read more books. I hardly ever read and I have just finished 3 books in just a few weeks. It has been so addictive! I have found that in my “age” I forget everything! I think most of that is because I have had 3 kids. Ha! But I also know we are human and we are prone to forget.
Last year and this year the Lord has given me a word for that year. Last year it was RESTORE. This year it is REMEMBER. I have often prayed Lord, please help me to REMEMBER. At the end of the day when then kids are in bed, kitchen is cleaned up, lunches packed…I just want to sit in front of the TV and not have to think. Maybe this is sucking my brain cells! So I have tried to be intentional about reading. I told Andy I feel like reading is maybe helping me to exercise my brain! He agreed. :)
I have recently finished Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth. A great book about slowing down and simplifying life through a Christian perspective.
In just a matter of days I finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Ok…this book is AMAZING! You won’t be able to put it down. I’m not even going to tell you much about it so you will check it out.
I also finished Praying Circles around your Children by Mark Batterson. This book is $3.00 on Amazon. It is a simple, quick read but go ahead and grab a pen because you will want to underline lots of good stuff!
Call me a simpleton, but I believe that if we simply do what the people in the Bible did, we may experience what they experienced. Who knows how many miraculous moments we’ve forfeited because we’ve failed to act in a bold biblical fashion by praying for someone who is sick, commissioning someone who is called, or encouraging someone who just needs a hand on his or her shoulder? And it ought to start at home with our children. –Praying Circles around your children by Mark Batterson
My next book is waiting on me at the library. {I have a new found love of the library!!!} Are you ready? Wait for it. Wait for it….The Duck Commander. Yes, I am so pumped. I have no rhyme or reason for which book I am going to read next. They are all so random. However I am a huge fan of non-fiction books. Does anyone have some good recommendations?!
Comments