end of christmas break…boo

Don’t get me wrong, my kids can drive me crazy…and when it’s time to go back to school, it’s time to go back to school. We all need a little structure, a little routine. BUT I do miss them. I get sad when I know we can’t stay up later and watch movies every night. Or take our time getting up in the mornings. I think about our busy schedule and our nights of homework, getting baths, and packing lunches. I am not great at “playing” with my kids. So on the last day before school started for Wyatt I told myself I would commit myself to playing with my kids…no laundry. No cleaning. No catching up on things. Just playing.

DSC_1778

So we started out with some “breakfast” Boone made for us.

DSC_1784

We built a fort underneath the kitchen table. That was fun. They brought in blankets and stuffed animals.

DSC_1785DSC_1789DSC_1790

I know this little girl loved it.

DSC_1791

Wyatt made lunch for he and Boone. Pb&J’s. We are talking a lot about serving in our home. Serving others before ourselves. {Philippians 2:4} Wyatt told me he wanted to make lunch AND he served Boone FIRST. This is a MIRACLE!!!! I say that because it’s taking Wyatt a little longer to grasp this…you know thinking about others first, instead of himself. Hmmm…thinking that is something I can work on.

DSC_1797

He did use several knives to make lunch. But that’s ok.

DSC_1794

They had a picnic lunch in our Cozy Nook.

DSC_1801

When Josie went down for a nap we went outside and threw the football.

DSC_1802

And dug for worms. I love Lilly’s nose.

DSC_1811

Then came inside and watched Mr. Popper’s Penguins and drank hot chocolate.

It was a great day. Then Wyatt went to school the next day and I cried. I think I already said that in another post. I am thankful for his school. Thankful he loves his school and his teacher. Thankful that we have breaks so we can enjoy each other even more…even when it gets crazy and they argue and complain…I’m still thankful for our time together.

Comments

Popular Posts