day two of 2013

It’s the second day of the New Year. The Christmas decorations are down except for a string of lights in our “Cozy Nook” which I think we may keep up all year. We have “slept in” this Christmas break but school is beginning soon and we have to get back into our school routine. Blah. I am not usually the first one up in the mornings but this morning I am. It was hard to get out of the warmth of my bed but I know I need to spend time with the Lord. I set my alarm for 6:15 and I know it was the Lord that woke me up this morning at 6:09. Lately when I wake up God has given me a song. It’s been crazy/awesome. I need to start writing them down. This morning it was “Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.”  Oh thank you Jesus. That’s what I needed. I get the Christmas blues every year. No matter how hard I try to not get them, they come. A friend posted on Facebook about being sad Christmas festivities were coming to a close and how she wished they could “always stay up late, wear pajamas all day, celebrate Advent, be with close family and friends and eat homemade desserts…but maybe that’s what Heaven was like.” Ahhhh, yes. I hope so. And maybe there will be Christmas trees everywhere with twinkling lights.

I have taken in the quietness and the stillness of my heart this morning. Any minute one of my buckaroos will be up and ready to eat breakfast. I will be changing diapers, feeding kids, teaching and disciplining. I will be washing dishes and washing clothes. My house will be loud and filled with little voices demanding my time and attention. And for that, I need to be more grateful.

But for now, I will soak in the depth of my quiet home and be listening out for the Lord.

This is what I read this morning, “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” Psalm 105:4 Remind me of that Lord when I am tired, when I am weary, when my heart is heavy.

More thoughts on the past year coming soon.

Comments

Popular Posts