christmas 2012 and reflections on a new year
We had a great Christmas. Always busy. But very blessed. The kids woke at 7:30…I couldn’t believe they slept that late. And opening gifts took longer than 15 minutes this year!!!
Our favorite gifts…Wyatt got some hunting gear.
I surprised Andy with this coffee mug from our happy place…
Josie got a baby stroller. She carries it around more than she strolls it around.
And Boone got a red bike! That was the only thing on his Christmas list.
We went outside and rode bikes, pushed strollers, rode scooters and did some target shooting.
This year we had family at our house and it was great! In-laws getting together. Cousins getting together. Such a blessing. I think Andy’s Mom would have been very excited for our families to be together. :)
Then we had Christmas with my side of the family. My nephew, Turner, turned 12 the day after Christmas so we had a birthday cake for him!
Baby Blake!
My sister and one of my crazy brothers, Dantley.
My beautiful niece and her boyfriend, Jake. This is the sweetest, cutest couple.
My brothers and nephew, Joseph…they are much taller than Andy…so they give him a hard time.
Goofballs.
I never can get a serious picture.
My sweet sister-in-law Melanie with a tired Josie.
Boone with my cutie niece, Hayden.
My Dad {Grandad} and other crazy brother, Anthony.
The two oldest of the 4!
And my parents {Grandmother and Grandad}!
My sister with her kiddos!
My other sister-in-law Corinne and Blake!
Me with 2 of my nieces Elizabeth and Callie…do you think we look alike?
Wow, these two are looking so big. Time, please slow down!!
Josie got the cutest pair of red cowboy boots! My mom got them when I was pregnant with her! I love them. She loves them. I didn’t think she would be able to walk in them but she can fly in them! Hilarious.
The family…minus my brother-in-law who couldn’t be there. It was probably one of the best Christmas’ we have had in a long time! I love all being together!
Then we ended Christmas with Andy’s Dad’s side of the family. I didn’t get a group shot. So bummed. And I only took 3 pictures. I’m so thankful that our kids love our big family. There are so many people {on both sides} to love and be loved by.
Here is to a Happy Happy New Year!
2012 was such a life changing year. Lots of pain and darkness and redemption and restoration. I would say I’m glad that year is over and I’m ready for a new year…but I’m not. I have never seen the Lord work in such mighty ways. I have never felt the nearness of the Lord as I have this past year.
Wyatt went back to school today. I’m sad. As in I just sat down and cried. And it felt good. Good to let the tears flow. Good to think about my kids. Good to reflect on what God has been working on in my life this past year. Good to cry tears of sadness and tears of gratefulness.
And in my tears Boone says I see boogers in your nose. Thank you Lord for a child who has the funniest, sweetest personality!!!!
Thank you Lord for 2012. Thank you for another day.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. Psalm 63:3
Comments