105

My Granny is turning 105. 105 people. Can you imagine all she has seen in 105 years? We went and visited her last Saturday and celebrated with her to start off her birthday festivities. DSC_1892DSC_1898

Boone was a charmer that day.

DSC_1899

Josie Wade and her cowboy boots. She has a lot of spunk when she wears these.

DSC_1902

Wyatt was more quiet and shy that day. I think because he was in awe of Granny being 105. He is getting ready to celebrate 100 days of school. I told him we should send in a picture of he and Granny. Smile

DSC_1903

My mom and lipstick. I recently saw a quote that said PUT ON SOME RED LIPSTICK AND LIVE A LITTLE. I loved it and it made me think of her in so many ways. Here she is getting my Granny’s lipstick on for a picture. I see myself in this picture years down the road…putting red lipstick on my Mama.

DSC_1905(2)

I think Granny would have been fine if Boone stayed with her. I think he would have been fine to stay with her and us leave. The boy talks all day. From sun up to sun down he constantly talks or sings. Really, I’m not kidding. He also has NO filter. We never know what he is going to say. For example, he kept studying Granny. He told her her hands look different. Her hair looked different and then he said Granny you have elf ears! As my mom laughed and my Granny asked what he said because she couldn’t hear him…Andy and I are speechless. My mom told her and she laughed too…at 105 you have to have a good sense of humor. Later on after my mom put lipstick on Granny he said to her You look so pretty. And then another time he asked her if he could give her a kiss. So he stood up on his toes and kissed her cheek. We all melted. A 4 year old boy…fearless. A 4 year old not afraid to ask questions or give a 105 year old woman a kiss on her 105 year old skin. I think that made her day. To be told she was pretty and to be given a kiss. I think that is what Jesus says about her. Every time I leave I think this could be the last time I see her. Or give her a hug. Or tell her I love her. When we left I did this and then I turned back and gave her one more hug and told her I loved her again. She is nearing Heaven and each day is a little closer to her Maker.

DSC_0175(4)

This picture is when Granny was about to turn 100 and Boone was 5 months old. This is what a picture of a CENTURY apart looks like. A charmer then, a charmer now.

Comments

Popular Posts