help me Jesus

I’m shutting down. I have laundry piling up. My sink is full of dishes. And I haven’t cooked all month long. Why?

DSC_0363(2)

Last Friday we had dinner at the Governor's Residence with the Young Life Region. Such a fun fun night with friends. However, we did drive home and didn’t get back until 2 in the morning. And it’s only maybe once a year we get all fancy and my hubby wears a tie…so why didn’t I get a picture of the two of us. Why?

DSC_1384

We had our YL Christmas party at our house last Sunday. It was a great night and I’m so thankful for a home God has given us. It was a little tight but it was just perfect for being all cozied up with one another. Why didn’t I get another picture with everyone there? Why?

Little did we know Boone was not feeling well. So the next day we all laid on the couch and watched TV..all…day…long. I was feeling puny myself and completely exhausted and went to bed at 7:45. It was fabulous.

DSC_1398(2)

We took the kids last night to see Santa. Yes, we do Santa in our home. A free event. They had crafts. Snacks. Showed a movie. And a picture with Santa. All free. Love me some small town events. This picture makes me laugh. I didn’t realize Wyatt’s jeans were not over his boots. He is totally in the zone too. Boone is showing off his cute, innocent smile. And Josie…the classic I’m scared to death look.

DSC_1399(2)

My Mom and Dad came along and I LOVE this picture! Love love love.

DSC_1403

Josie is worn out but I think this is the sweetest smile of my Dad.

DSC_1406(2)

The family pic. It’s actually decent. Tired kids but overall decent.

So why? Why am I tired?

Is it because we have been up with Josie every single night this week. That she has been crying her head off and been the grumpiest child to be around and completely not herself…and maybe that’s because she is cutting more teeth?

Is it that I’m thinking how much we still have going on? Another Christmas party this weekend. A birthday party to go to. Two school “performances” next week.

The fact that I have TONS of Christmas shopping left to do? Tons.

Let’s get real. I easily take my focus off Jesus. I don’t bring my day before Him. I worry about the perfect gift to give and is it “enough”. Because I can’t spend a lot of money do people think I/we just don’t care or that they are not worth it? I take my focus off Jesus. I let things stress me out. Do the kids have the “right” outfit for the holidays? Will we get the perfect picture? How am I going to bake all these delicious treats? I put pressure on myself and then I shut down. The dishes pile up. The laundry doesn’t get done. And I spend too much time on Pinterest trying to measure up to all the crafts, food, décor, homemade gifts…that will never be enough.

DSC_1375

So help me Jesus. I say this A LOT out loud around me kids. “Help me Jesus.” This morning I told Wyatt and Boone to pray for Josie today because she has been crying so much and not herself. Right then and there…Wyatt said let’s pray for Josie right now. And he took my hand. And Boone’s hand. And he prayed. He prayed for God to heal her.

It’s little moments like that that remind me God is in control. That my 7 year old would hold my hand and take the initiative to pray to his Heavenly Father to heal his sister. It’s times like that when God uses our children to show His goodness and faithfulness.

Thank you Lord for helping me. For not leaving us in a world where there is no hope but sending your Son to be the light of the world {John 8:12}.

DSC_1376

Andy’s grandfather made this nativity scene for us years ago. We put it down low so our kids can see it and touch it. I didn’t realize it until this year…but this baby Jesus is not wrapped in swaddling clothes but his arms are stretched out wide. Maybe, just maybe, after he was born into this dark world and was wrapped up and swaddled by his Mama…after a little time maybe he wiggled out of his swaddle and stretched out his arms for you and for me.

So help me Jesus. Help me to not be negative about the Christmas parties left to go to, the school performances and the snacks I have to take for school. Help me to be patient with my baby and that you would bring her comfort while her teeth come through. Help me Jesus to love my family well. Love my neighbors well. Help me Jesus to know that Christmas gifts are enough because you gave us the best gift of all.

THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS INDESCRIBABLE GIFT. 2 Corinthians 9:15

Comments

Popular Posts