chopping down the tree

We chopped down the ole Christmas Tree on Saturday. I was just thinking a year ago Josie had been in the hospital for a night because at 3 months old she had the croup! We stayed home for Thanksgiving and we bundled her up to go cut down our tree. It’s crazy to think one year later we were sick again, stayed home for Thanksgiving, but this little girl was much healthier to go cut down the tree! So thankful.

DSC_1319DSC_1330

Have I mentioned how “obsessed” Wyatt is with hunting! He has shown immense interest and therefore Andy has really dug in and has been educating himself on everything hunting so he can take Wyatt. So that morning they got up very earlier and went hunting, then met us to cut down the tree. I love they are in their hunting “get up”. And I love this of Andy cutting down the tree and all the kids gathering around. Look at Boone loving on his Daddy.

DSC_1334

The big brother taking on the responsibility of dragging the tree to the car!

DSC_1337

Sweet girl…LOVES her Daddy…and looks just like him.

DSC_1338(2)

Family photo. Just keeping it real folks. And no, there is not another photo of us…this is it. Real life peeps. I like to think of this as “documentation”.

DSC_1347

We have been going to this tree farm for 9 years!!! I love this tradition. I’ll be honest though…I didn’t really want to go this year. I wanted Andy and Wyatt to just go cut down the tree so I could stay home in my pajamas and drink coffee and let the kids watch TV. Yep, that’s the truth. But I’m thankful the hubby insisted we come because we all had a great time, kids had hot chocolate and we went on a hayride.

DSC_1350(2)DSC_1352(2)DSC_1355(2)DSC_1361

Our friend Steve and his buddy Jack taking us on the hayride!

Do you have any family traditions?

Comments

notes of em said…
love the realness of life

Popular Posts