7 years old!

DSC_1235

Wow. 7 years old. SEVEN! How is it possible?

Wyatt is SO into deer hunting right now. So so so into it….and yet he has never gone. BUT that will change soon. We asked Wyatt what he wanted to do for his birthday…go out to eat or we would cook something at home at his request. In the sweetest way he said could I please please invite one friend over for dinner and we grill hotdogs?!  I asked him who he wanted to invite and he wanted his cousin Parker! {Hey Paige!} They are just a year apart and great little buddies. So Parker and his family came over for grilled hotdogs and fruit {that was what Wyatt wanted, ha ha}! It was a great night and fun for Wyatt to have his buddy Parker over for dinner and to play.

DSC_1239

Mmmm birthday cinnamon rolls!

Andy and I were anxiously ready to pick up Wyatt from school so we could give him his gift! He got a bow and arrow {junior edition}. He also got the yellow protective glasses, which he wears all the time, and we brought those out first followed by the arrows. You can see the excitement on his face!

DSC_1262

DSC_1269

When Andy brought out the bow…Wyatt was speechless. Hand over mouth. I have never seen that boy so excited.

My clever guy had made a bow and arrow out of skewers and some kind of string. Yes, skewers that you use to make shish kabobs. And, it actually worked. I need to get a picture of it. So he was beside him self when we brought out the real thing…he had NO idea it was coming.

DSC_1270DSC_1287

For his cake I had the idea to use orange for the writing…as in hunter safety orange. And the little tree and deer I bought at Hobby Lobby for just a couple dollars. He LOVED it.

DSC_1288DSC_1289

Simple meal. Hotdogs and fruit.

DSC_1292

I thought these cups looked like the “hunting camo”…not sure what that is called.

DSC_1295

Wyatt’s life verse. So thankful for this boy and for God giving him to us!

DSC_1296DSC_1304

Parker and the boys. Boone got a haircut the next day. Oh my. Wyatt still wearing the hat and glasses.

SEVEN things I love about you Andrew Wyatt:

1. That smile. I always love that you smile with your eyes.

2. Your curiosity about nature, maps, science in general…you have taught me to love it as well…and to notice things I would have overlooked had I not had you. 

3. Your love for Boone. Yes, you all argue and can drive each other nuts…but you are always looking out for him. And you love to wrestle each other…I think it’s your way of showing him how much you love him!

4. Your love for Josie. I can’t tell you how many times in the last 15 months you have told me “I’m so glad God gave us Josie.”

5. Your dancing. You love a good dance “party” and you can go wild with some crazy dance moves which in return make us laugh.

6. Your quietness when you go to bed. I love when I go in to check on you and you are still awake…and I can tell by your face that you are thinking. I wonder sometimes what goes on in that mind of yours.

7. Your inventions. You are a creative young man. Please don’t EVER stop being creative!!!

Comments

Drew Miller said…
you are an amazing mama, and i love all the details you put into loving your children. I can NOT believe he is 7!!!!!
em
notes of em said…
yeah, once again, I comment as drew but its me:)
EM

Popular Posts