where do I even begin
Wow, I don’t even know how to blog anymore. Or if anyone reads this anymore. Or where to even begin!!! I would love to try and blog on a more regular basis so I can keep up with sweet moments of my family, what each child is doing, what God is doing in my life, our life, our family. That is my hope at least. We will see how it goes. In the mean time I’ll share right where we are: a crazy, busy, full schedule. I’m pretty sure that 97% of the time when people ask how we are doing I say “Good, just busy”. Will I ever NOT say that? Will time really ever slow down? When it is slow, will I appreciate it? Do I even know how to slow down?
At the beginning of October Wyatt had his WEEK LONG Fall Break! Oh yes, a week. I’m super grateful for that. We headed to our “Happy Place”…the beach. It was a chance to celebrate 10 years of marriage {with our kids, but that’s ok, we’ll take what we can get"}, regroup from our month long assignment {yes, we were home mid-July}, and recover from our YL Banquet and Andy taking kids to Fall Camp the following day.
We are still learning and working through Josie’s food allergies, Boone is going to Mother’s Day Out twice a week and I have really missed him when he’s gone, and Wyatt is LOVING First Grade!
Josie is still not walking but cruising…she is right on track like the boys…they were around 15 months when they started walking and she will be 15 months in a couple weeks! We love this little girl so much. She is definitely the little princess in our home! She loves to eat, laughs and sort of cries when she sees dogs but wants to pet them, she is so happy when all her guys are home, and is the best little snuggle bug.
Boone has “played” his first season of soccer. I think I have learned a lot about perseverance because I think I would have pulled him out a long time ago. They had their last soccer game today and I am so thankful!!! I don’t think he was as interested in it as we thought he would be. But he was sure the cutest little soccer player in our book! I especially loved when he would blow me kisses during his game! School has been a rough start this year for him. I’m thankful we get to have him home one more year instead of sending him to Kindergarten next year. I love age 4. He says the cutest things and is really a sweet brother to Josie. He and Wyatt are playing more and more together and his favorite thing at the moment is doing puzzles!!!
Wyatt is doing Boy Scouts this year and it’s so right up his alley. He also played soccer this Fall and had a really good soccer team! It was fun to watch them play. First Grade has been great. He does well in math {he didn’t get that from me} and he is looking older and TALLER! Age 7 is just around the corner and he is MAJORILY wanting to go deer hunting. ????
Andy is working his tale off. He is speaking at a YL camp in a week and I couldn’t be more thrilled for him that God has given him this opportunity. I can’t wait to see how the Lord will use him and bless him. We are in a season of life that God is teaching us to persevere. Full time ministry has its ups and downs but we are learning to be faithful and to trust in the Lord.
I am doing BSF {Bible Study Fellowship} this year and we are studying Genesis. I was not sure if I would like it or not but I have LOVED it. I’m learning so much about my Creator and about my sinful nature and where that all began. Each week I stress a little about getting my questions done and getting me and the kids ready and out the door but I am always so encouraged and challenged when I leave BSF.
I have done just a few photo sessions but I do believe Backseat Photos is coming to an end. Maybe not forever, but probably for awhile. I feel at peace about it and I am trying to trust that the Lord will provide for us financially where BSP helped with “extra” things. Especially with Christmas around the corner!
Today was a dreary, dull, overcast day and actually my spirit was a little down. I know in the coming months, winter will set in and many days will look like today. So here are some pictures from our beach trip…this is one place where our heart and soul find rest.
P.S. I realize so many of these are of Josie. She’s the only one out of the 3 that was still long enough for me to take her picture.
Comments