week 4
Missing this place.
So week 4. Well, it’s hard to believe we have been home now for a week and a half. We had family in town last week so it’s been a bit busy around here. Andy has gone back to work, Josie is sick, and the boys are going stir crazy. All this makes me blah. I miss camp. Miss the people. Miss the playground. Miss the weather. We had a great experience in Colorado this year…it’s hard to come back to “reality”. Wyatt starts school in 2 weeks and the same day my baby girl turns 1. ONE! Where did this past year go? Sniff sniff. So enough of that. I wanted to finish up pictures from our time at camp. I know it looks like we have been on “vacation”. The pictures show happy faces and smiles and the boys getting to do lots of fun things. What you don’t see is another story. Andy was a Head Leader this year. He and 3 others helped set up the YL leaders that were there each week. They made sure kids were where they were suppose to be instead of sticking back in their cabin or being in places they shouldn’t. They had to report issues of abuse, rape, and suicide that some kids were dealing with back home. I’m sure there is a lot Andy has not shared with me, to protect my heart. I remember one night looking at Andy and saying can you believe this is your job…that you get to do this…tell kids about Jesus?! I was involved in Young Life in high school and through YL I met Jesus…never did I think I would marry someone in full time ministry and that we have together been doing this for 11 years in the same area…Andy longer. That night it was like I needed to pinch myself to know it was real. To be in a beautiful place, under millions of stars, sitting behind 500 high school students and hearing, as if it was May of 1997, that if I was the only person in this world Jesus would have died for me. We are blessed to be a part of a ministry that lets families be together, that our kids get to experience some really awesome things, that we get to meet some really neat people that “get” what we do because they are doing it too, and that we get to see the hands of God work in mighty ways…even through pain and immense heartache He still redeems people and that He will go to great lengths to show His love.
Water Bonanza!
Josie got to be the smallest Buck Norris. Hil-arious.
Her face is priceless!!!! Bless her.
All 3 buckaroos on stage. Josie still crying.
Little swing time with Boone Boone.
Last walk with my girl at camp.
Baby blue eyes!
The birthday pirate.
Ha, look what I found!
Snuggled up on the bus, headed to the airport.
Home again home again, jiggity jig.
Back to the daily grind…I have a new helper.
So fun to come home to vegetables from our garden!
The last Say So around 125 kids stood up. Over the course of the month around 500 kids said they had given their life to Christ! Wow. This verse comes to my mind: I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
Praise the Lord. To God be the glory!
Comments