week 3
Week 3 flew by. We had lots of cloudy days and rain too. Today it POURED rain and even hailed some too! Super crazy weather. I’ll be honest…I’ve complained about the weather. Shame on me. Colorado needs it so badly and here I am complaining about being stuck inside with me wild and crazy kids because they are going stir crazy and so am I. This Mama needs some sunshine. And I also want campers to have a great week and not be stuck indoors the entire time. But let’s get real…as long as they are with friends, I’m sure they are happy. And God is in control over everything.
Over 100 kids stood up at Say So last night to say they had begun a relationship with Jesus! The other night we were praying with the boys for campers and Wyatt said Dear God, just please don’t let anything steal their joy. Yes, he’s heard us say that to him many times…but I think I needed to be reminded of that. Me and the boys watched as there was a New Christians Seminar and people were clapping for those who gave their life to Christ as they entered a building. Then I hear Wyatt start to clap for them on his own accord. Oh yeah, he’s got the right idea. Let’s join in on the celebration! God is still in the business of changing lives. He loves unconditionally, redeems and restores lives, and uses children, my children, to remind me of why we are here and why we do what we do.
The other morning I went on a little walk with Boone and we looked for bees that were on the flowers. He loved it.
Andy had a few hours off and took the boys to do a couple quick laps on the Ridge Runners. Since we had rain, there were monster puddles and they were covered in mud from head to toe when they finished. This is Wyatt and Andy.
I don’t think I’ve seen so much excitement in Boone as I did when he finished riding these.
Boone and Andy.
The guys. Making memoires.
There is this hilarious “character”, Buck Norris, that comes out at club. The boys were asked if they wanted to be in a skit. And to my surprise they both wanted to do it! I am in love with this picture! Wyatt has made some great friends and I know he will miss them when we head back home.
Here they are…in front of almost 500 campers! From where I was standing I couldn’t see Boone! Bummer! So I don’t have a picture of him on stage but if he does it next week, hopefully I’ll get one.
Little Miss Cuteness. I could just eat her up. She has been such a great baby!
The Assigned Team celebrated July 4th by playing Whiffle Ball and Kick Ball. You had to have on red, white, and blue to play. All ages played. It was great.
Oh my girl. I can’t get enough of her. And Paige if you are reading this…you make me laugh about the craftiness…my Mom actually made it for her. SUPER easy!!!
In love. Everything about it. I love this man.
And God continues to build his confidence. Wyatt has not stopped asking about doing the ropes course since we got here. He finally got his turn last week.
I wasn’t sure if he was going to do it. But there he goes. My baby boy!
I think I conquered more of my fears than he did. Just by letting him do this with Andy!
And then he did the zip line.
This is my child that won’t jump off the diving board.
I could see the feeling of accomplishment in his face.
One proud Mama!!!
Volleyball Tournament! The boys helped toss Frisbees so campers could collect them and get points.
Happy Birthday America!
Wyatt pulled another tooth. His other top tooth. He looks so stinking cute.
Andy said he was going to have a quiet time…this is how I found him…maybe he’s praying. I personally like the Bible propped up.
Since we don’t have a car here, I had to borrow one to run into town for a couple of things. I got to drive a straight shift. Boom! It was so much fun. Thanks Dad for teaching me how to drive one at 15 and reminding me that if I can drive a straight shift, I can drive anything.
I randomly had my phone at club one morning and had to snap this picture.
There is one day a week the campers go on a hike so I’ve taken the kids to the pool since Andy has to be on the hike…this little one found her some goldfish and dug right in. Look at those lips.
We let the boys stay up late one night and we went to work with Daddy.
Quiet morning at camp.
Week 4. Day 1. Ready for campers to arrive!
And Josie turned 11 months. Hard to believe I’ve got to start thinking about her first birthday party! She is such a joy.
My prayer this week is that we would finish strong as a team. We are all worn out. Praying for renewed energy and excitement for the different areas that are here. Again, we have this week close to 500 campers.
To God be the glory. Praying the Lord uses us in mighty ways and that we would seek to serve others.
Comments