4 years old!!!

We are home!!! I need to update from our last week at camp but TODAY is our baby boy’s 4th birthday! Happy birthday to the sweetest, silliest, most cheerful-hearted boy I know! You are a JOY!

We decided to celebrate his birthday at camp. He had a bunch of friends there and we knew we would be so tired trying to put something together when we got back from a month at camp. So on Friday we had a pirate pool party, complete with a “doughnut birthday cake”…they also resembled inner tubes. We had 3 relay races…the first one was riding/racing the whales, the second one was taking a soccer ball and having to push it under their legs in the water in a line, and the last one was your best cannonball. Boone had a blast!

DSC_0279 (1)DSC_0287DSC_0283DSC_0291DSC_0296DSC_0304DSC_0307DSC_0316DSC_0328

My friend Cami jumped in and took these great pictures {the ones above} for me!!! I LOVE them ALL!

DSC_1234(2)DSC_1239

We worked with what we had…my sister had sent the boys some pirate stickers so we stuck them on the toothpicks for decoration…and we had a pirate coloring book, so we used some of the pages for kiddos who would rather color than get wet.

DSC_1243DSC_1246DSC_1258DSC_1262(2)DSC_1271(2)DSC_1273DSC_1292(3)DSC_1311DSC_1323DSC_1324(3)DSC_1325

That afternoon Andy took Josie in for her nap and me, Wyatt and Boone shared an icecream…with sprinkles. Yum.

Today we celebrated with Lightening McQueen.

DSC_1527DSC_1528

The birthday plate!

DSC_1531

DSC_1537(2)

DSC_1564

He wanted pizza for his birthday so we went to one of our favorite places! We started doing this last year…taking a picture with the birthday child. I got the idea off of another blog and loved it. Thanks Wyatt for a great picture!

DSC_1570

Then we came home and had cake. I know the handwriting looks rough, but it sure was yummy!

DSC_1573(2)

This boy is looking older and older.

DSC_1574DSC_1587(2)

Andy was excited about giving this gift to Boone. It’s a “race track” and you actually electronically race the cars..there are two…perfect for 2 brothers. Actually it’s 9:00 and Andy has been upstairs with the boys for awhile. Ha!

Oh sweet William Boone…4 things we love about you:

1. When I think of you, I think of your BIG, cheerful heart. It is so full of joy. You are one happy boy. You don’t let much get you down and and your smile is so contagious.

2. You let everything roll off your back. You don’t take too many things personally…I wish I had more of your attitude towards life.

3. Your fearlessness…it scares me sometimes…but I think God has designed you with this instinct to take chances at things.

4. You are a silly, funny boy! You love to make us laugh. You love to make people laugh. You make the cutest faces and your big brown eyes are irresistible!

We love you William Boone. You bring so much to our family and we are thankful for your life!!!

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8

Comments

Popular Posts