the golden nugget
I had a happy boy today when he got home from school. Wyatt finally got the golden nugget. This is a big deal to him and he’s been working hard to earn it. His guidance counselor at school had him come up and receive it during her time with his class today. I asked Wyatt if he was excited or embarrassed when he went up there and he said maybe a little embarrassed, I blinked a lot. {Which he does when he is excited about something.} He came home with a little note that read:
Congratulations!
Your child has earned a “Golden Nugget for Golden Behavior.” This is a very special award given to students who have been Respectful, Responsible, and Safe in their words and actions at school. Thank you for sharing such a terrific kid!
Wyatt and his silly face. He told Andy this morning he was so excited that tomorrow was Wednesday because the next day is Thursday which means the next day is Friday!!! That funny boy.
Just to show some honesty and truth in all this…my kid is not perfect, he has gotten notes sent home from school. And I’m learning this first year in school {since he is our first}…that is ok.
We are proud of this boy. And we hope that God continues to show us how to parent him, care for him, and love him well.
Comments