wyatt: my new brother in christ!

FxCam_1325459540879

This will be a New Year’s we will never forget.

Wyatt asked Jesus into his heart!

Wyatt has been asking a lot of questions about Jesus, really for the past couple of years {since he was about 4} and we have answered his questions as best we could and that was good enough for him. But tonight was different. I think this Christmas he really “got” what we were celebrating…the birth of Christ.  And honestly I think the Lord has been tugging on his heart and using the birth of Jesus to draw Wyatt closer to him. He has asked us a lot about heaven…Is heaven the best world, better than this world? {Can you imagine! No more suffering, or tears, or fear, no more hurt or pain!} We talked tonight about dying. About heaven and hell. About Satan. About Adam and Eve and sin. {He’s been asking a lot about Adam and Eve lately, ha!}  About God sending his Son to take our place on the cross so that we can have eternal life with Him.

As our conversation continued {mainly it was Andy and Wyatt}, Andy ended up getting his bible out and reading different scripture verses to Wyatt. He was so engaged in this conversation, like nothing else mattered. We had just finished eating dinner. I was feeding Josie. Boone was trying to drink milk out of silly straws and Wyatt kept getting closer and closer to Andy. We knew that we had to put it all out there and that this would be up to Wyatt to choose what he wanted to do.  It was not a forced conversation…just the sweetest talk with him. God was leading the way. I have never seen him look at Andy {or me or anyone} and make eye contact then the way he did tonight. He was hanging on every single word Andy was saying.

And after an hour of talking Andy asked Wyatt if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. Wyatt said YES, and I have a funny feeling in my stomach and I think I need to ask Him right now! O Lord, you amaze me!!!

So with Josie in my lap and Boone near by, we held hands with our oldest son and his Daddy helped lead him in a prayer to ask Jesus to come into his life and be eternally changed. What a sweet moment, what a privilege for us to be present as Wyatt asked the God of the universe into his life! New Years 2012 is surely a year we will never forget. What a great start to new beginnings…new life in Jesus.

For if a man is in Christ he becomes a new person altogether—the past is finished and gone, everything has become fresh and new.  

2 Corinthians 5:17 {J.B. Phillips Bible}

Comments

Kayce said…
Oh my word! Crying my eyes out, girl. AMAZING!! Tell Wyatt we are so proud of him!
notes of em said…
so thankful for the blessing of Christ that wyatt, ( boone and josie too) have in you as parents!
What a beautiful gift to begin 2012! Such a special thing to lead your child as he makes his decision to accept this GIFT and it is unique and wonderful each time!
Happy for Wyatt and for you and Andy! :)
Jamie Hahn said…
I am so honored that you would share this story with us/me....it is a privaledge! What a treasure for Andy to share his love for the Father God with Wyatt and for you to watch how God orchestrated each moment!

I will pray for Wyatt as he begins his journey and for you and Andy as you lead him day by day.

Jamie
gptramell said…
Amazing! Tell Wyatt we love him are are so proud and excited for him!
gptramell said…
Amazing! Tell Wyatt we love him are are so proud and excited for him!
marla said…
So beautiful!! This just gives me chills! Oh the faith of a child. I love this picture and that you've captured this moment for him to read later, too! So often I have prayed for all of our kids to know Christ from a young age and never know a day without Him. What a blessing friend!!! :) We love you Wyatt! :)

Popular Posts