ramblings
1. I recently have discovered radio station 106.1 and I love it. A little mix of 80’s, 90’s, and now. Andy has kept the kiddos some in the evenings so I can go to the grocery store by myself and I have been jamming out very loudly in my minivan. It’s been awesome. And for the record Wilson Phillips song, Hold On, is one of the best songs e-ver.
2. I just read a friend’s status that said “Listening to Christmas music and yelling profanities at bad drivers. Lord help me.” I almost spit my coffee out. This is me. And just admit it…you have done it too. {Not with my kids…unless it’s been under my breath} LOL.
3. This morning Andy took Boone’s plate away {had apples on it} to put some banana bread on it and Boone kept yelling I’m not finished I’m not finished. Over and over when Wyatt yelled out I KNOW YOU’RE NOT A PRINCESS! Oh my goodness, hilarious.
4. Andy takes Wyatt to school every day but this morning I took him while Andy stayed back with Boone and Josie. Still 4 months later, I’m sad when I take him inside and watch him walk down and sit with his class and he turns and waves or blows me kisses. Dagger to the heart!
5. I’m vowing to myself to never Christmas shop in December again. Ok, so never say never but really I go crazy. I tried Amazon this year but couldn’t find anything I was looking for. We don’t give a ton of gifts at Christmas and this year I think we are going to try something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read. {Thanks Kayce B for the idea!} I told Andy I’m starting to lose my Christmas cheer…but I’m going to turn that around. It’s my choice to turn it around and for my family’s sake I have to have Christmas cheer to sing LOUD for the world to HEAR! So if I can Christmas shop through the year or at least start in August then I think I would not be so stressed out. We both have big families so I need to be starting much earlier than now.
6. Well I’m glad I didn’t spend the money on buying an elf on a shelf. Wyatt’s teacher has it in her classroom and the other day he told Andy I don’t think that elf is real…it has a TAG on it’s BOTTOM! I asked him if he had heard other kids talking about it. He said No just me I saw the tag on it’s bottom and those little things {stitching} down the side of it’s legs. I don’t think it’s real. So there you have it folks. I think he is starting to figure all this out. That’s a whole other blog post about Santa.
7. I know Boone is getting bigger/taller because now he can turn on and off all the light switches which he couldn’t do a couple months ago. That makes me kind of sad. We set up our Play Mobil nativity scene a couple weeks ago and he looked at it and said It’s a party! Oh yes my sweet boy, it’s the sweetest birthday party ever known to man.
8. I was going to possibly let the boys watch Disney’s Christmas Carol but after watching some of it by myself there is no way…it would scare the bajeebies out of them!!!
9. How come there are no Christmas movies on? Really...where are they? We don’t have full out cable so maybe that’s why we are missing them all but come on local stations show us some love! I’ve been super bummed about that.
10. This time last year we had recently found out I was pregnant and the sickness started and lasted for a long 17 weeks!!!! I am so thankful to not be on Zofran and to enjoy Christmas food and coffee!!! I have to stop talking or it’s going to make me nauseous just thinking about it. We are so excited and blessed to have Josie Wade celebrating with us. She is such a gift to our family. We are still smitten by this little girl.
Comments