ramblings #15

1. Boone, at least for the next two years, is entering the stage of saying/doing the funniest things. He fell asleep on the way to get Wyatt from school and when I took his hat off I found 2 toys. What in the world. Then my parents kept the kids for our YL Christmas Party and as I was feeding Josie to leave her with my parents I heard Boone tell my mom he was going to poo poo in the back yard. Oh goodness gracious.

2. I found Boone IN the refrigerator calling it his home. Hmmm. Note to self: make sure I check the fridge when I can’t find Boone.

3. I still have a hard time with Wyatt being in school. The things he tells me almost literally break my heart. I don’t feel called to homeschool my child{children}, at least not at the moment…but public school has really challenged, changed, stretched and broken my heart for my child. I think Wyatt goes to a great school. And it’s not the academics I’m talking about or his teacher {we love his teacher}, it’s the things kids do to him or say to him or what he brings home and “teaches” Boone. Talk about a whole new level of parenting and relying on Jesus.

4. I wish I could sew. Ohhhhh the creations are endless. Maybe one day.

5. It is such a big bummer when you go to open your dryer only to find you NEVER started it…when you needed to put the other load of clothes in that you just washed.

6. I left to go Christmas shopping the other day…to finish the 80% I had left to do. AND I had no children with me…Andy was keeping all 3 for me. Before I could even begin the shopping I got a flat tire, thankfully right by my church so I pulled in the parking lot and called Andy. My mom came and stayed with the 3 while he came and rescued me. It didn’t steal my Christmas cheer.

7. However, yesterday my second sweet child found scissors and cut small slits in Josie’s winter hat AND cut this adorable crocheted sweater/jacket that someone made for my sister-in-law, who was kind enough to let me borrow it. Grrrrr.

8. What is up with the weather? Why is it mid-50’s? It’s Christmas and suppose to be 30’s and snow days. I have a feeling we will not have snow this year. Boo. I want it to be cold on Christmas, after that it can warm up. I guess. I just need a few good snow days and then be done.

9. My laundry owns me. Yes, owns me.

10. We asked Boone the other night who he thought Santa Claus was…and he said in his little 3 year old voice “Uncle Scott”. We’ve obviously been watching The Santa Claus maybe a little too much.

Comments

Popular Posts