trust your motherly instinct…God put it there
Last Sunday after church I noticed Josie was not sounding very good. When she cried and coughed it sounded like a “seal bark” and her breathing was not normal. It seemed that if she could just clear her throat she would be fine but throughout the day she just got worse. We went back and forth on whether or not to take her to the ER. Honestly I didn’t want to have to take her to wait long hours and be exposed to other illnesses. I would call the doctor first thing Monday morning. All day I didn’t have peace. We should have just taken her on to the ER. At 2:30 in the morning we woke up to her not breathing well at all…like she was struggling to get a good breath. I called my Dad and he came to our house to stay with the boys while we took her to Children’s Hospital. There was not one person there and they saw us right away. Honestly I thought they would send us home and do breathing treatments with her but that was not the case. Josie had CROUP! This is so scary for a 3 month old so they admitted her to the hospital for the next 24 hours to monitor her. They gave her 2 breathing treatments in the ER along with an oral steroid to help open up her airway.
Waiting in the ER, this picture was before her breathing treatments.
They had her name outside her room. It was so sad to me to see all these sweet names outside the hospital rooms knowing there were sick kids in them.
Smiles!
Josie did so great! She handled the breathing treatments well. Nurses and Respiratory Therapists were in her room every hour and half to two hours checking on her, listening to her, checking vitals. Each time she would give them these big grins! When they had to take her blood pressure {those little cuffs get so tight!} everyone expected her to cry because it’s uncomfortable but again she would just smile. Sweet baby girl.
We get to go home! I happened to have my little camera in Josie’s diaper bag and Andy snapped this picture. It makes me sad to think she is so little and already had to stay a night in the hospital. I’m sure she got the croup honestly because we have all been sick and Boone especially has had a bad cough. I’ve been so paranoid since we have been home. She is not 100%. Still lots of drainage and coughing. We are keeping her away from people this week. I took the boys yesterday to my parents for Thanksgiving lunch and then Andy took the boys to his Grammy’s for Thanksgiving dinner. She is very grumpy at the end of the day but sleeping pretty well at night. I’m praying God continues to heal her little body and to remove the sickness from her. That God would take away my fears and help me to focus on His love and sovereignty. I have found myself staying up very late and keeping myself busy at night so that I can listen for her and then if I go to bed at midnight I won’t have to sleep as long. That’s not a good pattern to get into but I’m a nervous Momma! I’m praying for good health and protection for our family this season. And that the Lord would continue to heal our Josie!
Happy Thanksgiving…this is one we will be sure to remember. We have a lot to be thankful. God has blessed us with so much.
Comments