celebrating the 6 year old

We did something different this year. We did a smaller birthday party for Wyatt. We usually do family birthday parties but we decided that after you turn 5 we would not do as big of a party. I think as our kids get older it will look different. More like sleepovers, or go and do something special {hiking/camping, a basketball game, etc.} We are very blessed to have both sets of grandparents live close by so this year we had grandparents over for lunch.

DSC_0805

Wyatt wanted a cookie cake and a toy on top. So funny and specific.

DSC_0837

He is into tigers, cheetahs, jaguars….at the moment.

DSC_0809DSC_0848(2)

Mom and Dad picture with the birthday boy.

DSC_0846(2)

It feels like it was yesterday I was rocking him in my arms.

DSC_0833 (2)

I realized the night before at 11:45 that I had not blown up the balloons to put in Wyatt’s room. I have started doing this as a fun little tradition and the boys love waking up to balloons filling the floor to their room. My roommate in college always made birthdays so fun and so did my parents as we were growing up. They would come in to my room and sing happy birthday and then say 10 years ago {12, 15, 18….} we remember when the doctor placed you in our arms….. so it is fun to make their day special. Andy helped me blow up the balloons… it was a good laugh! Who knew blowing up balloons could be so much fun. Ha ha.DSC_0843 (2)

When my sister’s kids were growing up, she made dirt cups for their birthdays to take to school. I asked Wyatt if he wanted cupcakes or dirt cups. Dirt cups it was! Since it was a Monday, Andy got to come too…Wyatt loved it!

We took him to Chick-Fil-A that evening as a family. Then as a “special treat” we went to Pet Smart to look at the animals/fish/reptiles. So random, yet he {and Boone} had a great time. And we even walked away without bringing anything home. Even better.

I even found Andy’s YL wig in the garage and we thought it would be silly to each get our picture made in it.

DSC_0841DSC_0835DSC_0830DSC_0826DSC_0843

Making memories!!! That’s what it’s all about. :)

Comments

Popular Posts